Chinese or Foreigner who already have Visa Non-B, don’t forget to apply Re-Entry Permit!
Foreigner who enter to Thailand by using Non-Immigration Visa such as Visa Non-B (single entry), Tourist Visa or Transit Visa. If you are traveling outside Thailand, your permission to stay in Thailand is immediately ended. Exception, if you have permission from Immigration Division to stay in Thailand you can enter to Thailand without renew the visa.
Wonderful Package suggested you apply Re-Entry Permit every time before you travel outside Thailand. Then, you don’t need to renew your visa when you entering Thailand.
What is Re-Entry Permit?
Re-Entry Permit is a permit to be able to return to Thailand and you have an existing visa. You will need to get the re-entry permit before traveling outside Thailand. Otherwise, it will not be able to come back again and you may waste your time applying for a new visa.
There are 2 different types of Re-Entry Permit.
- Single Re-Entry Permit is a request to leave the country one time for people who rarely travel outside Thailand or people who have short-term visa.
- Multiple Re-Entry Permit is a request to leave the country several times for the entire duration of the visa but you can send only one application. This is suitable for people who need to travel frequently or have a one-year visa.
Both are different in the number of times they can return to Thailand and fees. Wonderful Package is recommended you that if your visa existing longer than 6 months, It would be better to do Multiple Re-Entry Permit.
How much is the re-entry permit fees? And where to apply?
- Single Re-Entry Permit fee is 1,000 baht. You have a permit to return Thailand one time.
- Multiple Re-Entry Permit fee is 3,800 baht. You have a permit to return Thailand several times within one year without exceeding your duration of visa.
You have to apply at the Thai Immigration Bureau before travel outside Thailand.
What are the required documents to apply for Re-Entry Permit?
- Re-Entry Permit application form (TM-8)
- Colored photo (4cm x 6cm)
- Photocopy of passport included Biodata page, Expiry page, Personal information amended page (if any), Latest entry stamp page and Extension stamped page (if any)
- Departure Card (TM-6) and one copy
- Other related documents and one copy (in case of you are not allowed to exit Thailand)
- Fees (depending on number of entry)
However, do not forget to check the completion of documents before submitting the application. So, you won’t waste your time going there several times.
There are two ways to apply a Re-Entry Permit.
1. Regular procedure
- Prepare complete documents and fees
- Proceed application at Immigration Division 1
2. Online reservation procedure
- Enter website https://division1.immigration.go.th/content/online_serivces and click Book Appointment to Apply for Re-entry Permit into the Kingdom’s banner
- Complete information in the system
- Schedule Appointment (Should book the queue at least 2 business days in advance
- Receive reservation code
- Prepare complete documents and fees
- Visit the Immigration Division 1 on the date and time of your appointment
Online reservation procedure is convenient. It is a One-Stop Service which takes only 5 minutes (if the documents are complete). However, you can visit only at The Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty that convenience for people who live in Bangkok and vicinity.
After your application is pass, you will have the Re-Entry Permit stamped on your passport and TM-8. As a proof of returning the passport and receipt.
For those who already have a Multiple Non-Immigrant Visa, it is not necessary to apply the Re-Entry Permit because you are able to travel in and out of Thailand for 90 days.
If you need advice, please contact Wonderful Package. We are willing to serve you!!
Thank you information from
คนจีนหรือชาวต่างชาติที่มี Visa Non-B แล้วอย่าลืมขอ Re-entry Permit เผื่อไว้ด้วยนะ!!