I want to know .. How to apply for a Visa Non-B?
Chinese and foreigner who interested in working in Thailand but you don’t have Visa Non-B before come to Thailand. WDF recommends the following procedures and documents to be prepared before submitting Visa Non-B.
Visa Non-B or Non-Immigration Visa (Business) is a type of visa that eligible to working legally in Thailand.
There are 3 cases of Visa Non-B applicants.
- In case of applicants do not travel to Thailand or the visa has expired. You should apply for a Visa NON-B at Thai embassy in your country. Please check the preparation document at the consulate of your country. (Depending on the country of request)
- In case of applicants has traveling to Thailand by holding a Tourist Visa, Transit Visa or other visa, please change visa type to Visa NON-B at Chaeng Wattana Immigration Office.
- In case of applicants already have Visa Non-B but the visa will expires recently. Please renew visa at Chaeng Wattana Immigration Office.
Documents to apply for Visa Non-B / Renew Visa Non-B / Request to Change other Visa to Visa Non-B
- Application form TM.86 (In case of change other visa type to Visa Non-B) or Application form TM.87 (in case of renew Visa Non-B) or use application form of the consulate in your country.
- 4 x 6 cm -sized photograph (taken within the past 6 months)
- Passport with validity of not less than 6 months.
- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour
- Work permit and latest Visa Non-B (in case of renew Visa Non-B)
- Por Ngor Dor 91 of foreigners
- Important documents of hiring from company in Thailand
What are the basic qualifications for a Visa Non-B applicant?
- Foreigners must have a work permit.
- Foreigners must have a temporary residence permit and have a salary as specified by law
- The company must have a paid-in registered capital not less than 2 million baht
- The company must have business stability, serious and continuous business operations
- The company must have a ratio 1 to 4 of foreigners number with Thai employees
There are 2 types of Visa Non-B fees, depending on request of the applicant.
- Single Entry is 2,000 baht
- Multiple Entry is 5,000 baht
The visa processing time for Visa Non-B is about 1 month. The validity of the visa depends on the consulate or the immigration office. The validity of the visa will be 3 months, 6 months or 1 year but first-time visa validity will be 3-6 months.
However, Visa Non-B is the first thing to do when foreigners would like to entering to Thailand for work legally but the important thing is a work permit in Thailand that must be used together while working in Thailand.
If you have more questions, please ask WDF. The staffs are ready to give advice all the time !!
Thank you for information from
- Department of Consular Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Immigration Bureau
- Department of Employment, the Ministry of Lab
อยากรู้จัง..ขอ Visa Non-B ต้องทำยังไง??