In the COVID-19 situation, a Work Permit is nearly expired but the applicant still abroad, what should to do?
From the global closing border because of the Covid-19 epidemic including Thailand, foreigners wishing to renew their Work Permit and Non-B Visa due to expire but still abroad and cannot enter Thailand. What should they do?
Wonderful Package would like to recommend good information so you will not miss renewal a Work Permit.
According to the public announcement of the Immigration Bureau, the government allows foreigners (Temporary residents) can stay in Thailand for a special case until 31/07/20 without having to renew all visa types, do not need to report 90 days, do not submit documents and pay any fees. However, a Work Permit still needs to be renewed as usual.
Examples of case study for easier understanding.
- The applicant is Chinese
- Working in Nonthaburi
- Visa Non-B will expires on 31/07/20
- A Work Permit will expires on 15/05/20
- Currently in Laos and cannot enter Thailand because of closing border
Step 1 :
- The applicant must prepare complete documents following the conditions of the WP.5
- The officer allows to submit a copy of these documents including passport, Visa Non-B, current work permit, and medical certificate.
- Power of attorney with a copy of the attorney (For representative)
Things to be careful.
- The applicant should check the documents before sending it to the representative. To prevent errors and waste time. (You can send documents via DHL if stay abroad)
- All documents must have a signature.
- Send complete and accurate documents.
- Representative should submit documents to renewal a Work Permit no later than 15/05/20 (Before a Work Permit expiration date).
Step 2 :
- The representative submits the queue card and informs the officer to request for renewal a Work Permit is on behalf of the applicant (foreigner) as the applicant is still unable to return to Thailand. Also, it should specify the date that the applicant can submit the original documents at the office.
Step 3 :
- The officer receives the documents when the applicant (foreigner) comes to Thailand. The applicant must hurry to submit the documents on the date to notify the officer by attaching the original documents as well.
- Visa Non-B
- A Work Permit
- Medical Certificate
Officers usually process a renewal Work Permit within 3-7 days.
Location for submit documents.
- Employment office of each province where the applicant (foreigners) is working. In this case, it should submit at Nonthaburi.
- Open on Monday to Friday from 8:30 am - 2:00 pm (only during the Covid-19 situation), normal hours from 08:30 - 4:00 pm and closed on the weekend and public holidays.
If an error occurs and unable to renewal a Work Permit.
- The employer must immediately remove the name of the employee within 15 days after the expiration of a Work Permit. Otherwise, a fine is 40,000 baht will be paid.
- If the employee wants to continue working, they must apply for a New Work Permit only.
How about it? Is it difficult? If you are abroad, it is possible to renewal a Work Permit.
If you need more information, the Wonderful Package has staff to advice and service at all times.
Thank you information from
ในช่วงสถานการณ์โควิด-19 ใบขออนุญาตทำงานใกล้หมดอายุแล้ว แต่ผู้ขอยื่นยังอยู่ต่างประเทศต้องทำอย่างไร?