If foreign teachers want to renew their visa Non-B, what should they do?
Foreign teachers want to continue working in Thailand but their Visa Non-B nearly expired, what should they do?
Wonderful Package recommends how to apply Non-B Visa Extension.
When foreigner who works as a teacher would like to request a permit to stay in Thailand. In case of necessity to stay for work in education either government or private institute.
- Must apply for Non-B Visa Extension for Teaching Purpose
- Applications for this type of work visa extension must already have a Work Permit
- Should apply for Non-B Visa Extension before visa expire at least 30 days. It can extend to stay for work maximum period of 1 year but depending on the consideration of the Immigration Bureau officer.
During waiting for the result, you can stay in Thailand.
The criteria to consider a Non-B Visa Extension for foreign teachers as below.
- Aliens must have a visa for temporary residents.
- Education institute has a license to conduct the business from relevant governments. (For private institution)
- Accredited and requested by government institutions. (For government institution)
- In the case of educational personnel, they must have qualifications or experience relevant to their duties and the number of teachers not more than 10% out of all teachers in that institution.
What are the documents to apply for a Non-B Visa Extension?
- TM.7 Application Form
- One recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm)
- Passport with validity not less than 6 months
- A Work Permit
- Evidence of educational qualification, and TOEIC 600 / TOEFL 500 in case of foreign teachers who teach English but they are not native speakers.
- Certificate of employment (Teaching experience)
- Withholding Income Tax (Por Ngor Dor.91) and receipt
- Professional Teaching License
- Form for Alien Employment Certificate (Sor Tor Mor.1)
- An Employment Certification (The Labor Department's application form) and Employment contract
- Certificated and requested to stay by education institutions and letter of approval from the government agencies to appoint teachers for teaching.
- Education Institute Registration or Educational Institution License or Business Registration
- Detail of Education Institute
- Map of Education Institute, photo of teaching classes, teaching timetable of foreign teachers
- Sor. Tor. Mor.2 Form
- In case of accompanied by the family member, please proof of family relationship
- For first-time to apply Non-B Visa Extension, the officer will allow to stay for 30 days during waiting for a 1-year Non-B Visa. T Thus, when it due you have to bring the passport to the Immigration Bureau to listen to the result. If they have a decision, you will have a 1-year Non-B Visa. However, if it still on the process, the officer will allow to stay for another 30 days until the result is determined.
- After you have a Non-B Visa, you must submit Form of Alien to Notify of Staying Longer than 90 days (TM47) immediately at Immigration Bureau in your working location area. If you have a late submission, you will be fined 500 baht per day (submitted 4 times/year).
- Foreign teacher career must have a Work Permit and a Non-B Visa so you can work in Thailand.
- If you have to travel outside Thailand, do not forget to apply for Re-Entry Permit before traveling outside Thailand which is permission to enter Thailand again. You can apply for Re-Entry Permit at the nearest Immigration Bureau or international airport that you will depart from. Otherwise, your visa will be canceled automatically after out of the country. (Except who have a Multiple Re-Entry Permit)
It is not difficult to apply for a Non-B Visa Extension for foreign teachers. However, if you have any questions or need any advice, please contact Wonderful Package. We are willing to assist you.
Thank you for information form