Tips on renewing a Work Permit.
Anyone who has questions about Work Permit renewal such as when I should renew a Work Permit? Can I work during Work Permit renewal process? How many year I will receive for Work Permit?
Wonderful Package has some tips to share!!
When I should renew a Work Permit?
- You should submit a request to renew a Work Permit before the expiration of 30 days.
If my Work Permit renewal application is on processing, can I work?
- If you submitted a Work Permit renewal application before the expiration, you can work until the registrar notifies the result of consideration. The Work Permit processing time is about 3 – 7 days.
I want to know the duration of a Work Permit that I will received.
- A Work Permit renewal is issued for a one-year period.
If your Work Permit has expired and you have not submitted a renewal request but you are still working, will it be wrong?
- If you are working but your Work Permit has expired without submitting a request to renew a Work Permit or you already submitted a request to renew a Work Permit but the registrar is not allowed you to renew it and you did not appeal or you already appealed but the Minister of Ministry of Labour have a decision do not allow to work, it will be imprisoned not over 3 months or fined not more than 5,000 baht or both.
If I submitted a Work Permit renewal application but my application was reject, what should I do?
- After submitting a request to renew a Work Permit but you didn’t allow to work, you have the right to appeal. You have to submit it in writing to the Director-General of the Department of Employment within 30 days from the date you know the result. Then, the appellant shall submit it to Committee for the Consideration of Alien Work within 15 days. In which the Minister will decide the appeal within 30 days and this decision on a Work Permit renewal is the last.
In conclusion, if you want to continue working in Thailand, you should renew a Work Permit before expire. So you don't have to waste your time and money to request an appeal. After you appealing the result of Work Permit, you may or may not receive a Work Permit.
Thank you for information from
- Department of Consular Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Immigration Bureau
- Department of Employment, the Ministry of Labor
เกร็ดความรู้กับการต่ออายุใบอนุญาตทำงาน หรือ Work Permit
续签工作许可证 (Work Permit) 的小知识