Q&A About Non-Immigrant Visa "O"
Foreigner who is granted for Non-Immigrant Visa-O from Royal Thai Embassy and Thai Consulate where located in the abroad
for Sponsoring his/her spouse or children, or visiting his/her Thai spouse or Thai children. If he/she enter to the Kingdom of Thailand and would like to extend his/her stay. Therefore, the first extension must be the same reason and objective of his/her granted visa.
For the spouse (Dependent) must appy for Non-Immigrant Visa-O (Dependent) The spouse (Dependent) must apply for Non-Immigrant Visa-O (Dependent) for staying in Thailand before continue applying for extension. How to apply and Who can apply this type of visa?
Q : Who can apply for Non-Immigrant-O (Family Member)?
A : Those who can obtain this type of visa can be 3 groups of people as follows:
1. Foreigners who marriage with Thai Nationality / Sponsored Thai Children.
2. Family / Followers of Non-Immigrant B visa holders with Work Permits in Thailand.
3. Family / Followers of retirement visa holders which is under 50 years old.
Q : Can Father-in-law/Mother-in-law apply to be follower of Son-in-law who has been granted to stay and work in Thailand?
A : They cannot apply to be the Follower of his/her Son-in-law because it's not specific in the rules or conditions.
Q : What are the criteria of consideration for Thai Family (Only Father/Mother/Spouse/Child/Child-in-law or Spouse's child)?
A : The criterias are
1.Foreigner who is granted for temporary stay.
2.Evidence of relationship.
3.In case of spouses, their relationship must be in both ways jurisprudence and de facto.
4.In case of child / adopted childr / spouse's child in the patronage, must be unmarried and live as the part of
that family and their ages must be below 20 years old.
5.In case of father or mother, Foreigners whose parents wish to follow him/her must have an annual income not less than
40,000 Baht monthly or must have a deposit account for not less than 400,000 Baht for their expenses in 1 year.
6.In case of marriage with Thai woman, husband who is foreigner must have an annual income not less than 40,000 Baht or
the deposit in a bank in Thailand remains in the account for the past 2 months, not less than 400,000 Baht.
Q : What are the criteria for consideration of Living in his life in the end?
A : The criterias are
1.Foreigner who is granted for temporary stay.
2.Foreigner whose age is above of 50 years.
3.Must have documented evidence of money which not less than 65,000 Baht monthly, update on the date of submitting an application to have a deposit account in Thailand (Saving / Current Account)and the remains in the account for the past 3 months,
not less than 800,000 Baht. Only in the first year, please show a deposit account which is remain for not less than 60 days or having Bank account which the total amount can be calculated be at least 800,000 Baht up on the date of submitting the application.
Q : When should we apply for Non-Immigrant O?
A : 1. When first applying for a fependent visa, spouse or child will be granted a single-entry visa valid for a stay of 90 days by
Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country.
2. For next application, the spouse must apply when there is still at least 21 days validity remaining on the current visa.
Their stay can be extended for 1 year at a time.
It depends on the consideration of the Immigration Office staff in Thailand, during waiting for the results your spouse
can stay in Thailand.
Q : What should I do? Foreigner who is granted for Non-O Retirement Visa leaves Thailand and his visa is expired during stay in abraod?
A : If his/her visa expires in a foreign country, foreigner must apply for a new visa. He cannot apply for renewal.
There are 2 ways.
1. Apply for Non-O Retirement Visa from his/her local country to enter to Thailand. After that foreigner must apply for the extension again.
2. Apply for Tourist Visa to enter to Thailand. After that foreigner must change type of visa to be Non-O Retirement with
the condition of having 800,000 Baht in his/her bank account in Thailand.
Q : Can foreigner apply for Non-O visa if he/she doesn't have any money or deposit account (As per condition of less than 40,000 Baht),
but he/she has Work Permit in Thailand?
A : 1. He/she must have Work Permit.
2. Must show a certificate from his/her employer with the specifying details about Job Description, Job position according to his/her
Work permit with monthly salary (not less than 40,000 Baht), signed by an authorized person.
3. Must show proof of Income Tax Payment certified by the Revenue Department with the receipt (PND. 1 for the last 3 months and PND. 91 in the last year)
4. Must show a certificate of Company Registration and the recent shareholders's list. (BOJ.5) update within 6 months.
Q : What are the required documents for Non-O Visa extension?
A : The required documents are
1. Form TM.7
2. 1 passport-sized photos (4x6 cms.or 2") of the applicant taken within 6 months.
3. Passport with validity. (original and copy of every page)
4. Work Permit (Original and copy of every page)
5. Copy of evidences of relationship, such as Marriage certificate, Birth certificate, evidence of child registration
or any others which are concerned.
Q : Can foreigner whose hold Non-O Visa work in Thailand?
A : No, foreigner with Non-O Visa is not permitted to work in Thailand. If he/she wish to work, he/she must apply for
Non-B Visa with Work Permit only.
Q : Can foreigner whose hold Non-O Visa change type of visa?
A : No, any foreigner with Non-O Visa cannot change type of visa due to the rules and conditions.
Q : Can foreigner whose hold Non-O Volunteer change type of visa when his/her visa almost be expired?
A : No, he/she can stay in Thailand for only 1 year without changing type of visa. After 1 year, he/she must return
to his/her residence country.
Q : What will happen in case of the divorce?
A : In the case of a divorce, the Marriage Visa will be canceled and the spouse must leave the country immediately.
Q : Should foreigner who hold Non-O Visa with granted visa valid for a stay 1 year?
A : Yes, foreigner must report to the local Immigration Office in Thailand every 90 days.
Q : What should I do? In case of foreigner holds Non-O Visa must leave Thailand, but would like to remain his/her visa?
A : Foreigner who have to leave Thailand and enter again, must apply for Thailand Re-Entry Permit before leaving Thailand.
There are 2 ways to submit.
1. Sinle Re-Entry, only for single journey. This type is for foreigner who will not often travelling or his/her visa will
be expired in a few period.
2. Multiple Re-Entry, for multiple journey. This type is for foreigner who often travelling or his/her visa still be valid
for long period.
Remarks:In accordance with the established criteria of the Immigration Bureau.
Thank you for the information from
Q&A ถาม-ตอบ เกี่ยวกับ Non-Immigrant Visa “O”