Q&A About work permit made on Behalf of a Foreigner
(If the foreigner has not yet traveled in to the kingdom) W.P.32
For applying Work Permit on behalf of foreigner who wishes to work in Thailand for operating business, enterprise or be the employees of all occupations. How to apply Work Permit if foreigner has not yet entered the Kingdom of Thailand? What are the conditions before travel to Thailand?
Q : What is "Work Permit on behalf of a foreigner" or W.P.32?
A : W.P.32 is the application for the applicant who has not yet entered Thailand. The employer is responsible for applying for a Work Permit on his/her behalf. After submitting the application, you will receive a notice of consideration of work permit within 7 days for continue applying for Work Permit from Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in his/her local country.
Q : What are the criterias and conditions for apply Work Permit on behalf of foreigner?
A : The criterias and conditons are..
1. Foreigner has not yet entered Thailand.
2. The employer is reponsible for applying for a Work Permit on his/her behalf (W.P.32) at the Department of Employment.
3. When the employer has received the Notice of approval to work, he/she must make the copy of the notice.
4. The employer must send the Notice of approval to the foreign, who is in the abroad for his/her evidence for applying for a Work Permit (Non-B Visa) at Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in his/her local country.
Q : What are the documents required for applying W.P.32?
A : 1. Form of the Employment Certificate duty filled out.
2. Copy of the first page of passport.
3. Copy of the applicant's education certificate or the determination form duty filled out.
4. Copy of professional license / certificate in case of work which the practitioner is legal required to hold a professional license or have passed professional certification.
5. A Power of Attorney made by the employer with 10 Baht duty stamp affixed. In case of Thai Employer", a copy of employer's ID.Card is needed.
Q : What are the documents required for applying W.P.32 in case of "Foreigner Employer"?
A : In case of Foreign Employer, a copy of employer's work permit or if the employer is not working in Thailand nor has no work permit, Power of Attorney certifired by Notary Public and Thai Embassy is needed. (in case of not submitting in person)
Q : What are the documents required of Employer, in case of Private Company?
A : 1. A copy of Thai Company Registration and a copy of recent shareholder's list. (Update within 6 months) Or foreign juristic person needs to submit a copy of the Business Operation of foreigners and documents about money import.
2. A copy of VAT Registration, form Phor Por 01 identifying type of business and form Phor Por 09 (if add/change).
3. Company engaging any business which a license from the relevant Authority is needed, for example : Factory License, Hotel License, etc.
4. A copy of Social Security Payment (1 month), Balance Sheet (last year) and Vat payment Phor Por 30 (3 months)-Return after checked.
Q : What are the documents required of Employer, in case of Private School / Private University?
A : 1. A copy of letter of teacher or instructor assignment and employment contract / Private University has to show the certificate letter from the organization of Ministry of Education.
2. A copy of the license of the school establishment / a copy of the license of the university establishment and a copy of the documents show the name of employer has the right for signing on the behalf of the university.
Q : What should foreigner do after he/she has granted Work Permit?
A : The employer must notify the Registrar the foreigner's working within 15 days as from the date of receiving the Work Permit.
Thank you for the information from
Q&A ถาม-ตอบ เกี่ยวกับการขอใบอนุญาตทำงานแทนคนต่างชาติ(กรณีคนต่างชาติยังไม่ได้เดินทางเข้ามาในราชอาณาจักร)บต.32