Tourists must do 3 conditions if wanting to enter Thailand during COVID-19
Currently, everyone needs to be very careful and take care of their health because of the Coronavirus outbreak. Many countries are not open to welcoming foreign tourists. However, Thailand has started welcoming tourists since October 1, 2020, with a limited number of 100 to 300 tourists per week or 1,200 tourists per month.
Tourists who wish to visit Thailand must notify their intention through a Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) representative company which is a company that is an intermediary in collecting tourist information and will help with visa including various documents and it will get "Special Tourist Visa (STV)" but there will be a visa fee of 2,000 baht per time and stay in Thailand for 90 days and can be extended 2 times and the visa extension is 2,000 baht per times (90 days per time). Tourists can stay in Thailand has a long-term of up to 270 days. However, when tourists arrive in Thailand they must have quarantined in the State Quarantine or Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ).
Let's see 3 conditions if tourists wanting to enter Thailand !!
- Must be an Alien or foreigner who want to stay long-term in Thailand
- Must accept and comply with public health measures as announced by Thailand and must quarantine at the Alternative State Quarantine for 14 days
- Must have proof of long-term residence in Thailand.
- Must have proof of payment for the hotel or hospital in a 14-day quarantine.
- Please provide one of the following evidence;
- For foreigners who will stay at the hotel for a long stay in Thailand must have proof of payment for that hotel.(This is a different evidence from the hotel used for quarantine).
- If a foreigner owns a residence such as a condominium or that ownership belongs to their family, please show a copy of that residence.
- Evidence of renting accommodation such as a condominium or house
- If a foreigner wants to buy accommodation such as a condominium (Indicating that it can be legally purchased) can show proof of down payment on the purchase.
How are airports prepared to handle with tourists !?
For tourists who are worry about the prevent the spread of COVID-19 at the airport, do not worry because the airport has prepared safety measures and strictly controls the disease. At present, only flights have flown in with necessity such as return back to the home country. For domestic flights, it had 100 flights per day but now only 50 flights per day are left. As for screening measures, it is still doing the steps which must be examined about health insurance, passport, and Certificate of COVID-19 examination in 72 hours of foreigners. The airport has a separate terminal for passengers who need to be examined and waited for 90 minutes for the results. In addition, alcohol washing points and body thermometers are installed at all entrances and exits, and there is a team of medical doctors and nurses to check symptoms of risk groups including in case of tourists are found to be infected with COVID-19 who touched or pass through the airport, staff who work closely with that passengers have to work at home and quarantine for 14 days immediately.
If you have any questions about travel to Thailand or apply for a visa, please contact Wonderful Package. Our staffs are willing to advise you all the time!
Recommended Articles :
3 เงื่อนไข ที่นักท่องเที่ยว ต้องทำ เมื่ออยากเข้าไทยช่วง COVID-19