If wanting to live in Thailand after retirement, what are the criteria to extend Non-Immigrant Visa "O"?


Thailand is a top tourist destination in the world. Due to good weather, the food is unique and delicious, Thai people are kind and have a beautiful smiles, good culture, a low cost of living, convenient, safe and much more so many foreigners who have been here choose Thailand for a destination for living after retirement. 

The Wonderful Package recommends useful information for those who are interested to come to live in Thailand after retirement.

First of all, foreigners over 50 years old and do not work should proceed with a Non-O Retirement visa at the Thai embassy at the Thai Consulate-General in the resident country. The rules and supporting documents can check on the website thaiembassy.org of each country. (Each country may have different conditions.) However, this visa type is allowed to stay in the Kingdom for no more than 90 days.

After entering Thailand and want to extend the visa to stay longer, you can apply for Visa Extension at the Immigration Bureau, Government Center, Building B, Chaeng Wattana, or the Provincial Office for Immigration Bureau. The duration of Visa Extension depends on the discretion of the immigration officer.

There are 3 types of Non-Immigrant Visa "O" (Retirement). What is different?

  1. Non-Immigrant "O" Visa is a 90-day residence permit and can be extended for another 1 year.
  2. Non-Immigrant "O-A" Visa is a 1-year residence permit and can be extended for another 1 year.
  3. Non-Immigrant "O-X" Visa is a 5-year residence permit and can be extended for another 5 years.

These 3 types of visas vary in duration of stay and visa extension period, criteria, and supporting documents.

The criteria for applying for a Retirement Visa.

  1. Age 50 years up
  2. Having a Non-O Visa for 90 days and staying in Thailand for 60 days
  3. Having proof of income from the bank in Thailand such as a bank account
    - Non-O Visa and Non-O-A Visa: income/retirement income 65,000 baht per month for a minimum of 12 months or combined of deposits/ pension 800,000 baht per year for a minimum of 3 months.
    - Non-O-X Visa: income / retirement income 100,000 baht per month for a minimum of 12 months or combined of deposits/ pension 3,000,000 baht per year for a minimum of 3 months.
  4. Confirmation Letter from the bank in Thailand (Saving/ Fixed Deposit) and Bank statement.

Supporting documents for applying for a Retirement Visa

  1. Application Form TM.7
  2. Two passport sized photo (4 x 6 cm and taken within 6 months)
  3. Passport (Validity of not less than 18 months) with a copy
  4. Copy of visa and latest arrival stamped page
  5. Evidence of income from the bank in Thailand such as a copy of bank account
  6. Confirmation Letter from the bank in Thailand (Saving/ Fixed Deposit)
  7. Health Insurance Policy Certificate http://longstay.tgia.org
  8. Retirement Visa Extension fee 1,900 baht (non-refundable)

Things to know

  • Not allowing a Retirement Visa holders to work in Thailand
  • For visa extension, can be applied at least 21 days before the expiration of the visa
  • Those holding a 1-year visa or more are required to report every 90 days at the Immigration Bureau in the current residential area.
  • The 90-day report can be submitted 14 days in advance or no later than 7 days from the date specified for the report.
  • In cases of late reporting for more than 90 days, must report by yourself and pay a fine of 2,000 baht, or if a foreigner has been arrested for any reason must pay a fine of 4,000 baht.
  • In case of traveling outside Thailand, when you returning, it starts counting new from the first day you enter Thailand for 90 days.
  • Those who have a Single Entry visa, if need to leave the country and want to return to Thailand with a Non-O Retirement Visa as before, should apply for a Re-Entry permit before leaving the country at the nearest Immigration Bureau or the international airport for departure. This will prevent the visa to be canceled. See more information at https://bit.ly/2Xw9Dds

If you need more information or any advice on visa extensions, please contact the Wonderful Package. We have a team to provide services and willing to advise you.

Thank you for information from

Work permit & VISA in Thailand

หากต้องการใช้ชีวิตบั้นปลายหลังเกษียณอายุในประเทศไทย มีหลักเกณฑ์อย่างไร?

แชร์ บทความนี้

พูดคุย เกี่ยวกับบทความนี้

เนื้อหา ที่เกี่ยวข้อง


由于新型冠状病毒(COVID-19)爆发而导致关闭世界各地的国家,包括泰国。想要续签工作许可证和非移民类B签证的外国人,因为即将过期,但现在仍住在国外无法进入泰国,该怎么办? Wonderful Package 为您推荐好信息,以免错过许可续期。

If the employment contract is terminated or resigned, what should both the employer and employee do?

When it has any change in the work of employees, whether the employer terminates, employment, end of the employment contract, or an employee resigns, how should both the employer and the employee take legal action?

来认识有关续签跟随者的非移民类O签证 (Non-O Visa Extension Services)

无论是跟随丈夫/妻子,或跟随来泰国工作的家庭成员,都必须申请正确的许可证,但是跟来工作的情况会有所不同,我们称其跟随者许可为跟随者的非移民类O签证 (Non-O Visa)



หากหมดสัญญาจ้างหรือลาออกจากงาน ทั้งนายจ้างและลูกจ้างต้องทำอย่างไร?

เมื่อมีการเปลี่ยนแปลงข้อมูลเกี่ยวกับการทำงานของลูกจ้างไม่ว่าจะเป็น นายจ้างยกเลิกการจ้างงาน หมดสัญญาจ้างงาน ลูกจ้างลาออกจากงาน ทั้งนายจ้างและลูกจ้างจะต้องแจ้งยกเลิกการอนุญาตทำงานที่กองการจัดหางานและแจ้งพ้นหน้าที่ที่สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง

ในช่วงสถานการณ์โควิด-19 ใบขออนุญาตทำงานใกล้หมดอายุแล้ว แต่ผู้ขอยื่นยังอยู่ต่างประเทศต้องทำอย่างไร

จากเหตุการณ์ปิดประเทศทั่วโลกเพราะโควิด-19 ระบาด รวมถึงประเทศไทยด้วย ชาวต่างชาติที่ต้องการต่ออายุ Work Permit และ Non-B Visa เพราะใกล้หมดอายุ แต่ตอนนี้ยังอยู่ต่างประเทศไม่สามารถเข้าประเทศไทยได้จะทำอย่างไรดี?

Getting to know Non-Immigrant Visa O

Whether it is following the husband/wife or following family members working in Thailand, you have to apply for a correct visa type. However, it will be different from coming to work which is called the permission for followers is Non-Immigrant Visa "O".

รู้จักกับการต่ออายุวีซ่าผู้ติดตามประเภทโอ (Non-O Visa)

สำหรับผู้ที่เป็นคนต่างชาติมาทำงานในประเทศไทย จะมีการขอใบอนุญาตทำงานในประเทศไทย แล้วถ้าเราคือผู้ติดตามล่ะ ต้องขอใบอนุญาตแบบไหน? และต้องต่ออายุอย่างไร? รู้จักกับการต่ออายุวีซ่าผู้ติดตามประเภทโอ (Non-O Visa)

ชาวต่างชาติมีเฮ! ใบอนุญาตทำงาน ที่ไทย และ วีซ่าธุรกิจ มีคนช่วยทำแล้ว

ชาวต่างชาติมีเฮ! ใบอนุญาตทำงาน ที่ไทย และ วีซ่าธุรกิจ มีคนช่วยทำแล้ว ทำ Work Permit & Visa Non-B ของประเทศไทยยากไหม? Wonderful Package มีทีมงานผู้เชี่ยวชาญพร้อมให้คำแนะนำและมีบริการ บริษัทรับทำ Work Permit & Visa Non-B ให้กับทุกท่าน

In the COVID-19 situation, a Work Permit is nearly expired but the applicant still abroad, what should to do?

From the global closing border because of the Covid-19 epidemic including Thailand, foreigners wishing to renew their Work Permit and Non-B Visa due to expire but still abroad and cannot enter Thailand. What should they do? Wonderful Package would like to recommend good information so you will not miss renewal a Work Permit.


ลงทะเบียนรับข่าวสาร WonderfulPackage วันนี้!

รับสิทธิพิเศษและส่วนลดมากมาย เหนือกว่าใคร!