What are the required documents to extend an International Student Visa?
For international students who come to Thailand and would like to apply for a permit to stay for study purposes in public or private educational institutions, Wonderful Package will recommend the information to you.
When should I extend my visa?
Applications for this visa extension should be submitted at least 30 days before the visa expires. It can extend to stay for study up to a year or the date specified in the letter (MOE) from the educational institution. It depends on the Immigration Bureau officers consider. While awaiting consideration, you can stay in Thailand.
What are the documents for the visa extension?
- TM.7 Application Form (Request for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom)
- One recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm)
- Passport with validity not less than 6 months with a copy
- Student Card (If being a researcher, please attach a researcher card as well), Registration form for the current semester, Latest enrollment receipt (Only for full-time study) with a copy
- Confirmation letter and request to stay from educational institution showing details about the number of academic years, course level and educational results issued by educational institutions
- The recommendation letter of the Ministry of Education (MOE) to apply for a visa in Thai version issue by student acceptance department
- Government Agency Certificate Letter from a department level or equivalent, or from the provincial governor responsible for that education institution (Except for studies in international schools or higher education)
- Copy of course syllabus and course timetable (Only for non-formal schools)
- Copy of evidence of permission to establish educational institutions from relevant government agencies
- Proof of Registration of Institution (the registrar version), Certification not less than 6 months with a copy
- Educational Institution License or Business Registration, Name List of Shareholders, and the Educational Institution profile with a copy
- Copy of Educational Institution Map
- In case of a follower is the parent of a foreign student under 20 years old and enrolled in a long course, they can apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa “O” (Course is not a short training or study languages / Muay Thai / Diving)
- Foreign students entering Thailand on a Non-Immigrant ED Visa can stay in Thailand for 90 days. Therefore, before the visa expires they must apply for a visa 1 month in advance at the Immigration Bureau. The officer will consider allowing to stay on the date specified in the letter (MOE) from the university but not over than 1 year.
- When applying for a student visa extension, the officer will allow to stay for 30 days during waiting for a 1-year visa. Thus, when it due you have to bring the passport to the Immigration Bureau to listen to the result. If they have a decision, you will have a 1-year visa. However, if it still on the process, the officer will allow to stay for another 30 days until the result is determined.
- In case of study at a formal school, the officer will permit according to period of the institution certifies not over than 1 year at a time.
- In the case of attending a non-formal school, the officer will permit according to period of the institution certifies not more than 90 days at a time and no more than one year stay permit counting from the date of entry in Thailand. The types and characteristics of the non-formal schools include religion, arts and sports, tutorial, enhance life skills refer to announcement of the Private Education Commission.
- After obtaining a 1-year visa, you must submit Form of Alien to Notify of Staying Longer than 90 days (TM47) immediately at Immigration Bureau in your working location area. If you have a late submission, you will be fined 500 baht per day (submitted 4 times/year).
- For foreign students who come on internship program in a training manner, because of it is not a work, use the word "Training" otherwise they must apply for a Work Permit.
- If you have to travel outside Thailand for any reason while the visa has not expired and wishes to maintain the visa status, do not forget to apply for Re-Entry Permit (TM.8) before traveling outside Thailand which is permission to enter Thailand again. You can apply for Re-Entry Permit at the nearest Immigration Bureau or international airport that you will depart from. Otherwise, your visa will be canceled automatically after out of the country. (Except who have a Multiple Re-Entry Permit)
It's not difficult to renew this type of visa, don't you? Who has foreign friends are studying in Thailand, do not forget to warn your friends to be careful for their visa expiration.
If you have any questions or requires any advice, please do not hesitate to contact the Wonderful Package. We have a team ready to assist you all time.
Thank you for information form